Friday, March 7, 2014

10,000 Reasons


An endeavor, a quest.  To find what am I truly thankful for.   What am I seeing in my everyday?
What is it that I dwell on through the day.  
What are my reasons for getting up in the morning? 
Duty?
                                                      Obligation?
                                                                                                                          A crying child?
                                                                            A needy husband?
                                                 A cup of coffee?

What motivates me throughout my minutes?  My hours?  My days?  My weeks?  My years?
Why do I live the life I live?

Do I only see the dirty dishes?
The laundry stacked a mile high?
The footprints across my floor?
My whining children?
My unfinished house?

And then when I see and dwell on those things, what is it I project to those around me?
                                                   Defeat?
                                                               Dissatisfaction?
                                                                                         Dislike?
                                                                                                     Bitterness?
                                                                                                                        Regret?

So my endeavor, my quest is to find the 10,000 reasons for my heart to rejoice.

In the dirt, in the mess, in the everyday of my everyday life, so that I may project 
JOY
LOVE
GRATEFULNESS
PEACE
HAPPINESS
FULLNESS
REST
So that I may have a truly bountiful eye.

So my journey begins to find  10,000 reasons for my heart to rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment