Thursday, February 7, 2013

Perspectives

Disclaimer......this post is about my house and cleaning it....nothing to do with the wonderful
work of raising kids and homeschooling them and being a wife.  That note aside.......

My usual perspective of my daily house cleaning is rather repetitive .....
Get up, make breakfast, clean up breakfast, clean up house, start laundry and
start over.... lunch, clean up lunch, clean up house again, repeat and repeat and repeat.




No matter the amount of time or energy I put into cleaning said house, it never stays that way for more then 5 seconds.
I mean it is depressing!!!!!!!!!!
Whoever said cleaning house while living in it with a family is like eating an oreo while brushing your teeth,  is so spot on.


I savor those few seconds of a mopped floor....
Of dishes all put away and clean counters....
Of an empty laundry basket......
Of a completely cooked meal on the table......
Of a spotless bathroom....
It only last seconds...maybe minutes on the more optimistic side, but gosh, they are wonderful.  


But it gets old never actually tackling the house and getting on top of it.


I mean we live in a mud hole with constant construction = dirty

A husband who does tree work  = dirty

Three dogs = dirty

Four kids = dirty

etc, etc, etc, = dirty


So it just doesn't seem like I get anywhere or achieve anything in my ambition to keep the house clean for at least the day.
But then Tuesday I came down with some nasty, awful stomach virus that left me moaning in various degrees of agony, barely mobilizing from the couch to the bathroom, to the bed in an endless cycle.  So not pleasant!!!!! ( on a side note, it was only like a 24 hour thing.  Praise God!)







I woke up Wednesday morning and sweetness of all blessedness it was gone and I was able to resume my normal clean the house routine...
And you know what....
I was THANKFUL!
I was thankful that I was able to sweep my floor four times in a day
I was thankful that I was able to mop it, regardless of the fact that I had three sets of muddy paws and five sets of muddy shoes and boots walking across it.


I was thankful that I was able to vacuum up all the wood burning chips, and ash and dust.
I was thankful that I was able to fill my dish washer.
I was thankful that I was able to wipe down my toilet.(almost)
I was thankful that I was able to get a good meal on the table.
I was THANKFUL that I was ABLE to be a part of the hum and life of my crazy, chaotic, dirty, rambunctious, wonderful house.

No comments:

Post a Comment